Expatriate families working effectively because their children’s educational needs
are being appropriately met.
Anchor education exists to provide a comprehensive package of educational consulting
services to expatriate parents, students, other individuals and companies, primarily
in Africa and the Middle East.
- We recognize that unmet educational needs exist in our target areas.
- We can enhance a healthy developmental experience for the children in the families
that we serve.
- We can effectively support expatriate parents in the parenting and educating of their
children in international settings.
- Respect for each family and each child.
- Services provided to meet the needs of a multicultural, multilingual population.
- Supportive of a wide range of educational options.
- Families in resource-poor environments will not be disadvantaged.
- Central coordination of diversified educational services, using both full-time and
- Use existing resources as effectively as possible.
- Provide services to families and companies to assist them in making key decisions
on educational issues.
- One central Office, services largely provided regionally.
- A full-time CEO with an appropriate core team.
- Governance provided through Trustees to which the CEO reports.
- Consultants working in an environment of mutual support with appropriate supervision.
- Regional conferences
- Educational testing and evaluation
- Educational consultancy
- Teacher in-service training
- Consultant training
- Career/university preparation
- Awareness of “third culture” issues for school staff, parents and students
- Resource centres and libraries